DEN 115 - Clinical Dental Hygiene I
Emphasis in this course is placed on the practical application of dental hygiene care. Students will be required to be a partner for technique practice. Six clinical hours.
Prerequisite: Minimum grade of C is required in this course to continue in the program for DEN students and a C- for DAS students.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Apply policies and procedures for infection control in dental practice.
2. Identify basic operator-patient positions for instrumentation.
3. Demonstrate proper instrumentation techniques.
4. Demonstrate oral facial examination techniques.
5. Demonstrate gingival examination techniques.
6. Demonstrate personal oral self-care for biofilm removal.
7. Display professional behavior as it relates to dental hygiene practice.
Course Offered Fall only