PPE 155 - Sport Performance Coaching
Principles of metabolic training, muscle strength and endurance training, and cardiovascular training will be applied to athletic performance. Specifically the course will focus on the development of power, speed, acceleration, agility and quickness for the development of high quality sport performance. Students will design a testing scheme for sport performance, use various modalities to analyze performance, and design a periodized training program for a specific athlete. Two class hours, two laboratory hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Evaluate basic anatomy, physiology and function of the human system as it pertains to sports, health and nutrition for active lifestyles in general, and sport performance specifically
2. Identify and apply various models of periodization for sport training
3. Construct analysis, testing and program paradigms to allow an athlete to be taken from entry to program to specified level of performance
4. Perform film based analysis of performance.
5. Create full, year round training programs for athletes from all sports, using periodization models to guide testing, analysis, and program design. Students will be expected to be able to construct year round, progressive models so that progress for all athletes is ongoing and measurable.
Course Offered Spring only