ATP 106 - Steering and Suspension - Automotive
In-depth study of adjustable and non-adjustable alignment measurements with emphasis on proper alignment techniques, methods of adjustment, complete 4-wheel alignment. Manual and power steering system diagnosis and repair, complete suspension system service including coil spring, torsion bar, and MacPherson struts. Three class hours, three laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: Permission of Department
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Diagnose steering system concerns.
2. Repair steering system concerns.
3. Diagnose suspension systems concerns.
4. Repair suspension systems concerns.
5. Service steering systems.
6. Service suspension systems.
7. Diagnose wheel alignment issues.
8. Repair wheel alignment issues.
9. Diagnose wheel and tire concerns.
10. Repair wheel and tire concerns.
11. Demonstrate steering diagnostic processes.
12. Demonstrate suspension diagnostic processes.
Course Offered Spring only