NUR 050 - Application of the Nursing Process
Introduction to curriculum concepts with emphasis on the use of the nursing process as the student assesses the basic needs of clients. Selected nursing content from the core curriculum is discussed. Twelve class hours, nine laboratory hours. Cannot be used as an elective in the Nursing program. One imputed credit; no earned credits.
Prerequisites: NUR 050 is required for students who are transferring into the program, admitted with advanced standing, or returning to the program after an absence of one year. Completion of NUR 050 requirement is valid for one year. Students reentering NUR 111 do not need to take NUR 050.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. At the completion of this course, the student will: identify the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and the Conceptual Framework of the nursing curriculum.
2. describe the nursing process.
3. apply the nursing process to selected client situations.
4. complete an individualized learning needs assessment.
5. demonstrate competency in identified nursing skills based on individualized learning needs assessment.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018