ATP 103 - Electrical 2 - Automotive
It is required that students have an extensive electrical theory background or have completed ATP 102 or ATP 152. Theory-related instruction and demonstration of testing and repair procedures covers automotive charging, starting, lighting, and accessories. Schematic reading is emphasized throughout the course. Three class hours, two laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: Permission of the Department.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Interpret vehicle wiring diagrams.
2. Diagnose starting system faults.
3. Repair starting system faults.
4. Diagnose charging system faults.
5. Repair charging system faults.
6. Diagnose lighting system faults.
7. Repair lighting system faults.
8. Diagnose accessory system faults.
9. Repair accessory system faults.
10. Diagnose gauges, warning devices, and driver information system faults.
11. Repair gauges, warning devices, and driver information system faults.
12. Diagnose horn and wiper circuit system faults.
13. Repair horn and wiper circuit system faults.
14. Diagnose circuits for opens, high resistance, shorts, and feedback faults.
15. Repair circuits for opens, high resistance, shorts, and feedback faults.
Course Offered Fall and Spring