DEN 121 - Dental Radiography II
Continuation of DEN 111. Anatomical landmarks; deviations from normal; evaluation of radiographs. Extra and intraoral projections. One class hour, two laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: Minimum grade of C is required in this course to continue in the program for DEN students and a C- for DAS students.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Collect and record patient’s histories.
2. Demonstrate film duplicating technique.
3. Demonstrate proper record keeping for radiography patients.
4. Demonstrate intra-oral exposure techniques.
5. Demonstrate extra-oral exposure techniques.
6. Demonstrate proper film mounting and labeling techniques.
7. Demonstrate proper digital mounting and labeling techniques.
8. Demonstrate proper radiographic viewing techniques.
9. Identify normal radiographic landmarks.
10. Identify common radiographic artifacts.
11. Identify common radiographic shadows.
12. Identify the radiographic appearance of basic disease processes of teeth and bone.
13. Identify the legal and ethical issues related to dental radiography.
Course Offered Spring only