PPE 120 - Team Sports
A course based on teaching competencies for students future use focusing on team sports such as softball, soccer, and basketball. Students will learn skill development, class organizational principles, and coaching strategies. Six laboratory hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop strategies on teaching team sport skills and philosophies in a physical education settings and coaching settings for inter-scholastic team sports.
2. Apply and assess motivational techniques to use with athletes and teams to get positive performance results.
3. Construct a yearly calendar to break up programs seasons (Pre-season, Season, Post Season, and Pre-Pre Season) to facilitate effective use of time.
4. Demonstrate team sport skill competencies through teaching and lesson plan preparation.
5. Critique seasoned coaches conducting practices through observation assignments.
6. Refine team sport skills through drill instruction and class participation.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018