ELT 231 - System Control Electronics
This course introduces students to motors and controls. Students are introduced to electromagnetic devices, transformers, DC and AC motor theory. Semiconductors and solid state electronics are also covered. Two class hours, two laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: ELT 130.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the relationship between electrical current and magnetism.
2. Flowchart the steps in construction of an integrated circuit.
3. Compare and contrast AC and DC motors.
4. Troubleshoot defective transformers.
5. Draw a schematic of a capacitor start motor.
Course Offered Fall and Spring