ATP 101 - Introduction to Automotive Technology
An introductory course designed for automotive students that provides theory for a foundation in the field of automotive technology. All systems of the automobile are covered. Offered in the Fall and Spring Semesters. Three class hours, three laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: Permission of the department.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Communicate effectively in written or verbal context.
2. Display professional behaviors.
3. Perform to industry standards in a working environment.
4. Demonstrate proper use of tools and equipment in relation to course subject matter.
5. Demonstrate proper shop and tool safety.
6. Demonstrate vehicle preparation for service.
7. Demonstrate vehicle preparation for the customer.
8. Interpret Service Information Systems.
9. Perform basic vehicle maintenance.
10. Calculate efficiency and effectiveness using flat rate system.
Course Offered Fall and Spring