HBR 102 - Elementary Modern Hebrew II
Continuation of HBR 101 with emphasis on basic language skills for communication and on cultural aspects to promote understanding and appreciation of the Israeli and Jewish cultures. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately ask (or respond to) questions dealing with daily activities in Hebrew.
2. Write correct sentences using one or more of the following: agreement of adjective and noun plus preposition, basic stem-pa'al, indirect casual form, strong and weak verbs or infinitive forms.
3. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
4. Identify facts about one or more of the following: the Kibbutz life, the Jewish holidays, or any present-day conflicts in Israel.
5. Describe the cultural perspective associated with one or more of the following: the Kibbutz life, the Jewish holidays, or any present-day conflicts in Israel.
Course Offered Fall and Spring