HBR 101 - Elementary Modern Hebrew I
Designed for students with little or no previous experience in the language. Focuses on communicative skills of listening comprehension and speaking, and in developing mastery of the Hebrew writing system for basic reading and writing of simple sentences and short paragraphs. Hebrew letters are taught so that students will be able to communicate both orally and in written form in the most essential everyday life situations using modern Hebrew as it is spoken in Israel today. Students will also learn Israeli customs, traditions and culture. Student participation, group discussion and the use of digital media are essential elements of the course. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately produce understandable simple sentences in Hebrew.
2. Write understandable Hebrew letters using the correct stroke order and punctuation.
3. Write correct sentences in Hebrew using the present tense.
4. Accurately express simple social greeting and courtesies in Hebrew.
5. Answer questions after listening to Hebrew-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
6. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
7. Identify the celebrations that occur in the Israeli/Jewish calendar.
8. Identify basic facts and cultural traditions associated with Israel.
Course Offered Fall and Spring