CIS 221 - Applied Database Concepts with an Oracle Database
A sound introduction to database concepts using the database Oracle. Emphasis will be on using Oracle to build and maintain relational databases. The student will create databases, queries, custom forms and reports, and use PL/ SQL. Two class hours and two lab hours.
Prerequisite: CSC 101 or CIS 200 with a grade of C or higher
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Define database terminology
2. Develop a table design from user requirements.
3. Implement a table design in a database.
4. Develop a query of a database from specifications.
5. Convert a set of un-normalize tables to the Third Normal Form (3NF).
6. Implement a selection, update and delete query in a database using SQL.
7. Develop an input form from specifications.
8. Develop a custom report from specifications
9. Explain the responsibilities of the database administrator.
Course Offered Spring only