CRC 113 - Introduction to Microsoft Excel
This course is designed to cover the main features of Excel and demonstrate the advantages of using a powerful electronic spreadsheet. This hands-on course will give the student an overview of creating and formatting worksheets, manipulating data, and designing charts. Project required. Basic knowledge of the PC, keyboard, and mouse are required. One class hour.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop a formula in an Excel worksheet that uses multiple cell references.
2. Develop a function in an Excel worksheet cell that uses a range of multiple cells.
3. Develop a formula in an Excel worksheet that uses an absolute cell reference.
4. Develop a summary worksheet in an Excel workbook that references cells in other worksheets.
5. Apply formatting and editing to multiple worksheets concurrently.
6. Create appropriate charts from detail and total values.
7. Create a Web document file from an Excel workbook.
Course Offered Fall and Spring