CIT 205 - Structural Design
Design, investigation, and crafting of elementary reinforced concrete and structural steel members including rectangular beams, T-beams, columns, foundations, retaining walls, prestressed concrete, steel plate girders and columns, welded and bolted connections. Three class hours, three laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: CIT 204.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Design structural steel members and structures using AISC design code for simply supported structures.
2. Design reinforced concrete members and structures using ACI design code.
3. Analyze and design structural steel connections.
4. Understand and apply drafting techniques and detailing to structural projects.
5. Evaluate a structural project and use engineering techniques to determine structural loadings.
Course Offered Spring only