CIT 101 - Surveying
An introduction to plane surveying techniques, including distance measurement, note keeping, leveling, angle measurement, care and use of instruments, traversing, stadia, topographic surveys, and mapping. Three class hours, three laboratory hours.
Prerequisite/corequisite: MTH 135
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate the correct techniques for chaining.
2. Solve angular measurement problems in bearing and azimuths.
3. Correctly utilize the following surveying instruments: compass, levels, transit, and theodolite.
4. Perform differential leveling and setting grades.
5. Construct and utilize a traverse.
Course Offered Fall only