SPA 101 - Elementary Spanish I
Designed for students with no previous experience in the language. Focuses on communicative skills of listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing. Includes high frequency vocabulary, basic constructions, common phrases, and cultural aspects. Also stresses student participation in skills development. SPA 111 is strongly recommended for improving comprehension and oral fluency especially for students transferring to a four-year institution. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately produce understandable simple sentences in Spanish using the present tense.
2. Write understandable sentences in Spanish using the correct word spelling and diacritical marks.
3. Accurately express simple social greetings and courtesies in Spanish.
4. Answer questions after listening to Spanish-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
5. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
6. Identify the regions within the United States where native Spanish speakers are predominantly located.
7. Identify the contributions made by Hispanics/Latinos in the arts and politics.
8. Identify basic facts and cultural traditions associated with Spanish-Speaking countries.
Course Offered Fall and Spring