ATP 109 - Heating and Air Conditioning - Automotive
Theory related instruction and demonstration of testing and repair procedures covering automotive heating and air conditioning systems. This course provides theory for R-12 and R-134a systems. Two class hours, 1.3 laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: Permission of Department
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Diagnose refrigeration system components.
2. Repair refrigeration system components.
3. Diagnose heating, ventilation, and engine cooling systems.
4. Repair heating, ventilation, and engine cooling systems.
5. Diagnose heating and AC operational systems and controls.
6. Repair heating and AC operational systems and controls.
7. Properly recover, recycle and handle refrigerant.
8. Diagnose AC systems.
9. Repair AC systems.
Course Offered Fall only