ATP 107 - Automatic Transmission and Transaxle - Automotive
This course includes the theory of operation, diagnosis, maintenance and repair of automobile transmissions and transaxles. There will be emphasis on hands-on work. Three class hours, two laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: Permission of Department
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Maintain automatic transaxle/transmission in-vehicle.
2. Service automatic transaxle/transmission in-vehicle.
3. Repair automatic transmission/transaxle out-of-vehicle.
4. Diagnose automatic transmission/transaxle faults using diagnostic processes.
5. Diagnose Drivetrain.
6. Diagnose drive shaft/half shaft and universal/constant-velocity (CV) joints.
7. Repair drive shaft/half shaft and universal/constant-velocity (CV) joints.
8. Diagnose drive axles.
9. Repair drive axles.
10. Diagnose four-wheel drive.
11. Repair four-wheel drive.
12. Diagnose all-wheel drive.
13. Repair all-wheel drive.
Course Offered Fall and Spring