Department: Engineering Technologies
CIP Code: 15.0303
MCC Program Code: ETX1
NYSED Code (BRI): 01240
The Electronics Technology Certificate Program provides an intermediate recognition for those pursuing the A.A.S. degree, as well as for those desiring only special groups of Electronics courses.
(Housed in the Engineering Technologies Department)
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Collect and analyze data associated with an electrical engineering technology project.
2) Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment and circuitry.
3) Translate engineering designs into projects and test procedures.
4) Prepare technical reports for an engineering or sales team.
5) Apply knowledge of electrical engineering technology principles and standards (hardware and software) to the construction or functioning of electrical/electronics systems (ETAC-ABET Outcome A).
6) Apply principles of physics or chemistry with mathematical rigor (at or above the level of algebra and trigonometry) to problems associated with electronics (ETAC-ABET Outcome B).
7) Conduct and interpret standard tests and measurements associated with electronics experiments (ETAC-ABET Outcome C).
8) Conduct experiments applying electronic principles (ETAC-ABET Outcome C).
9) Analyze experimental data using electronic principles (ETAC-ABET Outcome C).
10) Function effectively as a member of a technical team (ETAC-ABET Outcome D).
11) Identify, analyze, and solve electrical engineering problems (ETAC-ABET Outcome E).
12) Communicate effectively regarding narrowly-defined electrical engineering technology activities (ETAC-ABET Outcome F).
13) Identify and discuss issues related to professional development and continuing education and training within the field of electrical engineering technology (ETAC-ABET Outcome G).
14) Discuss issues associated with electrical engineering professions, including those related to diversity and ethics (ETAC-ABET Outcome H).
15) Demonstrate professional behaviors, which may include timeliness, dedication to quality, or continuous improvement (ETAC-ABET Outcome I).
Requirements for Program Entrance
Intermediate Algebra with Trigonometry (or Math 104 at MCC).
|FIRST SEMESTER: 15-16 Credit Hours|
|TEK 101 Computer Applications for Technicians||2|
|ELT 111 Electronic Technology||3|
|ELT 121 AC/DC Circuit Analysis||4|
|ENG 101 College Composition OR |
ENG 200 Advanced Composition
|MTH 140 Technical Mathematics I*||3-4|
|SECOND SEMESTER: 13-14 Credit Hours|
|ELT 102 Electric Circuit Analysis II||5|
|ELT 112 Electronic Technology||5|
* or MTH 164 AND MTH 165, or MTH 175, or MTH 210 or higher.
Possible Technical Electives:
Any ELT course with permission of instructor
CPT 115 , ENG 251, MET 101, MET 206, OPT 110, OPT 131, OPT 135, PHY 131
ENR 157 if MTH 165 taken