School(s): Applied Sciences & TechnologiesCIP Code: 15.0406
MCC Program Code: AI02
NYSED Code (BRI): 38721
The Mechatronics Certificate prepares graduates for entry-level positions that involve the operation and maintenance of electro-mechanical-computer controlled systems commonly found in automated manufacturing environments. Systems-level analysis, assembly, and troubleshooting techniques are stressed with hands-on laboratory experiences to complement classroom-based instruction.
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be qualified for the jobs such as Equipment Maintenance Technician and Industrial Equipment Maintenance Technician. They will have the knowledge required to assemble systems, troubleshoot, repair, and upgrade machinery and the associated control systems.
All courses are applicable to the Applied Integrated Technology, A.A.S. degree should the student wish to continue their education.
Program Learning Outcomes
1. Interpret electrical schematics to analyze the electrical operation of industrial equipment.
2. Interpret pneumatic and hydraulic schematics to determine the mechanical sequencing of industrial equipment.
3. Explain the role of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) to monitor and control the production process.
4. Demonstrate proper use of diagnostic tools to identify system malfunctions.
5. Perform corrective and preventive maintenance procedures on industrial equipment.
6. Identify common safe job practices associated with industrial equipment maintenance.
7. Construct a function-sequence chart for industrial equipment.
8. Develop a personalized troubleshooting process to diagnose and repair system failures.
9. Work within a team environment to maintain production equipment.
Requirements for Program Entrance
High school graduate or high school equivalency diploma.
|Distribution Requirements||Credit Hours|
|FIRST SEMESTER: 15 Credit Hours|
|ELT 130 System Electricity||3|
|ELT 134 Introduction to Programmable Logic Controller||3|
|MET 107 Mechanical Systems||3|
|MET 110 Hydraulics and Pneumatics||3|
|MTH 140 Technical Mathematics||3|
|SECOND SEMESTER: 15 Credit Hours|
|ELT 231 System Control Electronics||3|
|ELT 234 Advanced Programmable Logic Controllers||3|
|MET 101 Technical Graphics OR MET 121 Computer Aided Drafting/Design - Solid Modeling||3|
|MET 250 Mechatronics System||3|
|TAM 138 Dimensional Metrology||3|
Printer Friendly Version