ITA 101 - Elementary Italian I
Designed for students with no previous experience in the language. Focuses on communicative skills of listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing. Includes high frequency vocabulary, basic constructions, common phrases, and cultural aspects. Also stresses student participation in skills development. ITA I0I is strongly recommended for oral fluency especially for students transferring to four-year institutions. Three class hours. (SUNY-FL)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately produce understandable simple sentences in Italian using the present tense.
2. Write understandable sentences in Italian using the correct word spelling and diacritical marks.
3. Accurately express simple social greetings and courtesies in Italian.
4. Answer questions after listening to Italian-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
5. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
6. Identify basic facts and cultural traditions associated with Italy.
Course Offered Fall and Spring