MUS 210 - Music Theory IV
Studies of 20th century techniques, with student compositions performed and evaluated in class. Computer software is incorporated to reinforce music theory concepts, for ear training practice, and to typeset homework assignments. Four class hours.
Prerequisite: MUS 209 or permission of the instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Read modal music.
2. Read nonfunctional music.
3. Read impressionistic music.
4. Read serial music.
5. Read music using advanced (higher-numbered) chords.
6. Analyze music of the 20th century.
7. Write modal music.
8. Write nonfunctional music.
9. Write impressionistic music.
10. Write serial music.
11. Write music using advanced (higher-numbered) chords.
Course Offered Spring only