MUS 113 - Song Writing
The study of successful song forms and creative imitation of student's own experience into original parodies and songs. Three class hours. (SUNY-A)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze various song forms found in Blues, Simple songs or Pop songs.
2. Create an original Blues lyric based on the AAB form.
3. Compose an original melody.
4. Articulate good prosody or how words and music fit together.
5. Record at least one finished song in digital form.
Course Offered Fall and Spring