IDE 250 - Color and Light
This course explores the relationship of color and light, focusing on the development of interior lighting systems. Specific attention will be given to emerging lighting technologies and their application in the interior.
Prerequisite(s): IDE 102 with a grade of C or better; IDE 132 with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe how variations in the qualities of light impact perception of color.
2. Identify how the theories of the psychological impact of color.
3. Demonstrate how colors may impact the perception of adjacent colors.
4. Apply lighting controls to the design of an interior lighting system.
5. Choose lighting sources based upon required lighting levels.
6. Apply lighting calculations to the design of a lighting system.
7. Develop a complete lighting design for a space.
Course Offered Spring only