TOY 201 - Engine Performance 2
This is the second of two courses covering the operation, inspection, diagnosis, service and repair of engine management Systems. Topics of focus will include: advanced level diagnostics including fuel trim, DTC's, drivability, Mode $06 scan tool usage, and emissions control systems.
Prerequisite: TOY 200 with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe emission control systems.
2. Diagnose emission control systems.
3. Repair emission control systems.
4. Diagnose emission related computer controls.
5. Repair emission related computer controls.
6. Describe On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) systems.
7. Diagnose OBD systems.
8. Repair OBD systems.
9. Describe Readiness Monitor drive patterns.
10. Diagnose Readiness Monitors.
11. Describe OBD monitor enabling criteria.
12. Diagnose using OBD monitor enabling criteria.
13. Describe OBD drive cycles.
14. Perform OBD drive cycles.
Course Offered Fall only