BIO 227 - Biotechnology Seminar
A discussion based capstone course that will integrate the topics and concepts of the Biotechnology Program. Emphasis will be on applications of biotechnology, current issues, societal/ethical concerns, and laboratory management. One class hour.
Corequisite: BIO 226
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain practices pertinent to laboratory management such as GMP, SOP, documentation, and instrument validation.
2. Evaluate and discuss scientific articles to distinguish between “good” science and “bad” science.
3. Explain and discuss some of the many applications of biotechnology to plants, animals, and humans.
4. Discuss societal and ethical issues associated with biotechnology.
5. Give an oral presentation of a scientific journal article that integrates the information acquired in the Biotechnology Program.
Course Offered Spring only