PHO 113 - Photography II
An intermediate photographic course with emphasis on exposure control, white balance and mixed lighting situations, studio and location lighting techniques. Assignments designed for visual impact, image communication, technical and aesthetic qualities. Student supplies camera, photographic inkjet paper, and removable flash unit. Two class hours, three laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: PHO 106 or permission of instructor
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Apply various lighting techniques to produce well-executed studio based photographic imagery.
2. Apply various digital techniques to produce well-executed studio based photographic imagery.
3. Apply natural light and portable flash modification techniques in the production of location imagery.
4. Use adjustment tools in contemporary photographic imaging software to modify color contrast when converting images to black and white.
5. Produce a photo essay that tells the story of a person, place or event.
6. Engage in the critical examination of images, noting potential improvement through in-depth group critiques.
Course Offered Spring only
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018