CLT 260 - Medical Laboratory Technology Seminar
A student focused discussion based course that is designed to integrate the topics and concepts of the Clinical Laboratory Technician Program. Emphasis will be on reflection of the Clinical rotation experience and the CLT Program in general. Job placement, NYS licensure application, and ASCP BOC exam preparation will also be addressed. Two class hours.
CLT 203, CLT 210, CLT 220, and CLT 230 all with a grade of C or higher and permission of program director
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Prepare a resume and cover letter appropriate for clinical laboratory positions.
2. Identify personal areas of strength and weakness in preparation for the national certification examination.
3. Communicate effectively regarding the clinical laboratory.
4. Discuss the use of current events or professional literature to stay current in the field.
5. Identify techniques or habits that contributed to the successful completion of the program.
6. Discuss strategies to succeed in a new clinical laboratory career.
Course Offered Spring only