SPC 242 - Speaking in Professional Situations
This course enables students to build on the basics of organization, vocal variety and body language learned in SPC 142. Students will apply these basic skills to a variety of professional speaking opportunities, including persuasive speaking, using technology to support speech purpose, forming and supporting arguments, and more. The skills developed in this course are immediately transferable to professional settings.
Prerequisite: SPC142 or permission of instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop a professional presentation based on specific speaking criteria.
2. Deliver several types of presentations in professional settings.
3. Evaluate presentations through written or oral feedback to develop more engaging public speaking skills.
4. Deliver an effective team presentation for a professional setting.
5. Facilitate a question and answer session following a professionally delivered presentation.
6. Use multimedia techniques within a professional presentation to support a speech purpose.
Course Offered Fall and Spring