SMT 215 - Sports Management
Survey course addressing the role of administration specific to fitness, athletic and rehabilitative facilities. It will present general administrative principles as well as those specific to the field. Three class hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop an understanding of the variety of career options in the field of sports management.
2. Develop a sports marketing plan for a program, team, or organization.
3. Discuss how ethics affect players, teams, and leagues and develop an ethics program that will have a positive effect.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of management principles in the field, from how important the front line staff are all the way up to the general managers and C.E.O's.
5. Explore the business plans of various sports facility and present their findings through a power point presentation.
6. Research the expanding practice of sponsorship to increase revenue earnings.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018