IDE 203 - Contract Design and Planning
Provides practical application of interior design concepts to the nonresidential design project with an emphasis on issues of accessibility and ergonomics. Students will work in teams on both hospitality and office design projects.
Prerequisite(s): IDE 102 with a grade of C or better and IDE 132 with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Analyze a non-residential design problem based upon a client interview.
2. Develop a team approach to creating design solutions.
3. Develop a non-residential space plan in a collaborative setting.
4. Select appropriate interior finishes for a non-residential project.
5. Develop a team approach to delivering a design presentation.
6. Communicate a design concept through visual media and verbal presentation.
Course Offered Spring only