ITA 203 - Intermediate Italian I
Communication skills in Italian for students with foundational experience in the language. Cultural topics are included in the development of practical language skills of listening comprehension, speaking, reading and writing.
Prerequisite(s): ITA 102, or successful completion of high school Italian 4, the equivalent, or permission of the instructor.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-FL - Foreign Language (SFRL)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-BCO - Speaking (MBCO), MCC-GLO - Global Understanding (MGLO)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss events in the past in Italian.
2. Discuss events in the present in Italian.
3. Discuss events in the future in Italian.
4. Create grammatically correct sentences in Italian using one or more of the following: compound verb tenses, relative clauses, or object pronouns.
5. Accurately ask (or respond to) questions dealing with health or current events in Italian.
6. Answer questions in Italian concerning a specific reading passage.
7. Present an oral report in Italian with information contained in newspapers or other mass-market publications.
8. Identify facts and cultural traditions associated with Italy, as well as Italian-speaking in other countries.
Course Offered Fall only