ELT 231 - System Control Electronics
An advanced level course that covers the programming and applications of a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC). It will focus on program troubleshooting, hardware troubleshooting, data manipulation, math instructions, subroutines, and event-driven and time-driven sequences. Advanced topics such as HMI devices, PID, HMI, data communications, and SCADA will be discussed. Two class hours, two laboratory hours.
Prerequisite: ELT 130.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the relationship between electrical current and magnetism.
2. Flowchart the steps in construction of an integrated circuit.
3. Compare and contrast AC and DC motors.
4. Troubleshoot defective transformers.
5. Draw a schematic of a capacitor start motor.
Course Offered Fall and Spring