STT 102 - Solar Thermal Installations
This course will explore the pertinent plumbing codes, components of OSHA fall protection, roof structures, proper piping practices, and proper installation of solar components and solar systems. The course will also review basic crane direction. Two class hours, two lab hours.
Prerequisite: STT 101
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify, evaluate, and recognize safety hazards in the solar thermal industry.
2. Design proper piping configurations for solar thermal installations according to NABCEP standards.
3. Install proper piping configurations for solar thermal installations according to NABCEP standards.
4. Handle, locate, and securely mount solar thermal collectors to an associated structure according to NABCEP standards.
5. Charge and start up solar thermal systems according to NABCEP standards.
6. Test and verify solar thermal system operations according to NABCEP standards.
7. Implement safety procedures associated with identified hazards.
Course Offered Fall and Spring