THE 116 - Stage Lighting Design
This course is designed to acquaint the student with the art and practice of lighting design for the theatre, the course will include lighting equipment and control, script analysis, design methodologies, additive and subtractive color theory, lighting for dance, musicals and alternate theatre. Assignments include theoretical lighting designs and assignment to a theatre production. One class hour, two lab hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify and describe the parts of stage lighting equipment from a diagram.
2. Demonstrate the basic programming of theatre lighting control systems.
3. Articulate an understanding of the aesthetics of stage lighting.
4. Demonstrate proper installation of stage lighting equipment.
5. Demonstrate the safe use of stage lighting equipment.
Course Offered Spring only