XRT 108 - Contrast Media
This course focuses on pharmacology principles, physiology of the vascular system, types and makeup of various types of contrast media, routes of contrast media administration, administration of contrast guidelines, reactions to contrast media and emergency treatments of contrast media reactions.One class hour.
Pre-Requisites: XRT 111 and XRT 151; each with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Utilize pharmacology nomenclature.
2. Discuss the uses of various contrast media.
3. Identify reactions that can occur with the administration of contrast media.
4. Explain the signs and symptoms of common reactions to contrast media.
5. Describe appropriate responses to contrast media reactions.
6. Identify indications and contraindications for contrast media.
7. Administer various forms of contrast media.
Course Offered Spring only