THE 190 - Theatre Rehearsal and Performance
Rehearsal and performance of a non-musical theatrical production. Students will be required to successfully pass an audition and be cast in a full-length theatrical production that will be performed for a public audience. May be repeated for additional credit. Three class hours. (SUNY-A)
Prerequisite: Audition and/or permission of the instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate effective performance practices at an audition for one of the college productions
2. Analyze the script in regard to character motivation.
3. Demonstrate effective, professional techniques in both rehearsals and performances
4. Demonstrate the ability to adjust personal performance according to director’s concept
5. Describe the hierarchy of a theatrical production including the responsibilities of the director, musical director, stage manager, technical director, actor, and technical staff
6. Use interpersonal skills and professional techniques to work effectively within a theatrical company
7. Develop a character based on dramatic action of the play, objectives, and effective tactics.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018