ITA 102 - Elementary Italian II
Continuation of ITA 101 with emphasis on basic language skills for communication and on cultural aspects to promote understanding and appreciation of Italian culture. ITA 112 is strongly recommended as a companion course to develop oral fluency, especially for students transferring to four-year institutions.
Prerequisite: ITA 101 or one year of high school Italian or equivalent.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-FL - Foreign Language (SFRL)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-BCO - Speaking (MBCO)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Accurately ask (or respond to) questions dealing with daily activities in Italian.
2. Create correct sentences using one or more of the following: gender/number agreement, reflexive verbs, or demonstrative adjectives and pronouns.
3. Describe a past event in Italian using the past tense (passato prossimo).
4. Answer questions after listening to Italian-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
5. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
6. Identify facts and cultural traditions associated with Italy.
Course Offered Fall and Spring