FRE 102 - Elementary French II
Continuation of FRE 101 with emphasis on basic language skills for communication and on cultural aspects to promote understanding and appreciation of French culture. FRE 112 is strongly recommended as a companion course to develop oral fluency, especially for students transferring to four-year institutions.
Prerequisite: FRE 101 or one year of high school French or equivalent.
SUNY General Education: SUNY-FL - Foreign Language (SFRL)
MCC General Education: MCC-AH - Arts and Humanities (MAH), MCC-BCO - Speaking (MBCO)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify whether a conjugated verb in French is in the present or the past tense.
2. Accurately ask (or respond to) questions dealing with scheduling and daily activities.
3. Accurately use vocabulary associated with one or more of the following topics: household chores, food, shopping, education, or tourism.
4. Describe a past event in French using the past tense.
5. Differentiate the meaning of the direct and indirect object pronouns in a given sentence.
6. Answer questions after listening to a French-spoken narrative, dialogue, or conversation.
7. Answer questions concerning a specific reading passage.
8. Identify facts and cultural traditions associated with French-speaking countries.
Course Offered Fall and Spring