ECE 200 - Developing Early Literacy
This course examines emotional, socio-cultural and cognitive influences on early literacy development, and explores twelve essential concepts related to early reading success through a collaborative learning approach.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify the main concepts associated with success in early reading.
2. Analyze strategies that promote success in early reading.
3. Articulate how theory and research translate to early literacy practice.
4. Develop appropriate early literacy lesson plans.
5. Summarize findings from a research article related to early literacy.
Course Offered Spring only