ART 108 - Sketchbook: Processes and Materials
This course is aimed at any artist, designer or craftsperson who wishes to develop their creative skills through working in sketchbooks. Students will explore traditional and contemporary uses of the sketchbook as an essential tool in creative practice. Emphasis will be placed on ideation, exploration of materials and techniques, and the development of each student’s creative process and areas of interest. The sketchbook will be presented both as a work in its own right and as a preparatory tool for future creative activity. Three class hours. (SUNY-A/H)
Prerequisite: ENG 101 or permission of instructor
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Utilize the sketchbook as a tool in the exploration of the creative process.
2. Utilize the sketchbook as a tool in the documentation of the creative process.
3. Utilize the sketchbook as a tool in the planning of future projects.
4. Employ a variety of media and techniques in the development of their creative process.
5. Employ a variety of ideation strategies.
Course Offered Fall and Spring