THE 212 - Fundamentals of Acting Two
This course will allow student actors to explore character and relationships through character analysis, script analysis, rehearsal and performance. Much focus will be on scene study and "Method” Acting. Three class hours. (SUNY-A)
Prerequisite: THE 112.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Create and employ vocal and physical connections with the text in order to maximize character development and dramatic integrity of a scene.
2. Analyze character relationships within a scene.
3. Illustrate character objectives, tactics, and motivation according to character relationships and dramatic action of the play.
4. Perform a variety of scenes (contemporary, classical, comedic and dramatic) for an audience of peers.
5. Prepare a written critique of a college production in regard to actors’ performances, director’s concept, technical elements and audience reaction.
Course Offered Fall and Spring