COM 230 - Scriptwriting
Review and practice of the requirements for writing professionally formatted scripts used in short and feature films. Emphasis will be placed on writing short-form scripts and analyzing and discussing long-form dramatic scripts. Three class hours.
Prerequisite: ENG 101 or ENG 200.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Discuss the key elements that comprise the structure of dramatic writing
2. Demonstrate a sense of story-telling through the cinematic tradition
3. Explain the parts of a good story and script and how they work together
4. Review and analyze films and scripts to detail where they succeed and where they fail
5. Confidently write a synopsis, outline, treatment and short dramatic script
6. Correctly use the proper scriptwriting format as it conforms to industry standards
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018