STT 101 - Introduction to Solar Thermal Technology
This course covers history of solar thermal technology and related topics. Additionally, the basic principles of solar thermal systems will be covered. Students will be introduced to the components of a solar thermal system including collectors, heat transfer devices, and related hydronic components.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Articulate an understanding of the history of solar thermal technology.
2. Identify the conservation and economic issues related to solar thermal technology.
3. Identify types of solar thermal collectors.
4. Identify solar thermal system components.
5. Identify the types of solar water heating systems.
6. Identify the components of solar space heating systems.
7. Demonstrate the ability to select appropriate systems for various applications.
Course Offered Spring only