OFT 173 - Microsoft Multimedia Communications
This course will offer a thorough coverage of Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Publisher for the office professional. Microsoft PowerPoint instruction will cover animation, use of color and objects, and importing and exporting data and images. Activities include creating a slide show as well as delivering the presentation. Microsoft Publisher will focus on production, assembling, and the design of administrative publications. Topics will include designing page layout, creating graphics, using templates, manipulating text and graphics, using style sheets, scanning images, and adding special effects. Microsoft Outlook covers uses of communicating by e-mail, managing contacts, calendaring, address book, and schedule management. Knowledge of the personal computer, keyboard, and mouse is strongly recommended. Three class hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Use the features of electronic mail effectively.
2. Create, organize, and manage contacts successfully.
3. Schedule, edit, and delete meetings and tasks successfully.
4. Create publications such as brochures, newsletters, and flyers.
5. Illustrate and use color effectively.
6. Create slide presentations using presentation software.
7. Create and customize animations and apply sound and video to a presentation.
8. Integrate images from other sources into a slide presentation or publication.
Course Offered Fall and Spring