HED 108 - Health, Family and Society
The focus of the course is to understand the societal influences and apply the concepts of wellness and holistic health within our families. Specific issues will include multiple dimensions of health, prevention of lifestyle diseases, and exploring choices that promote family and individual health and wellness. Two class hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Define holistic health
2. Describe the dimensions of wellness as they relate to individuals, families and society.
3. Evaluate various attitudes based on the holistic health and wellness concepts.
4. Compare and contrast the relationship between health risks, lifestyle behaviors, and morbidity and mortality rates.
5. Identify effective lifestyle strategies for the maintenance of health.
6. Identify effective lifestyle strategies for the prevention of chronic disease.
Course Offered Fall and Spring