DEN 219 - Periodontics II
This course is a continuation of study of periodontal diseases. It covers pathogenesis of diseases, critical analysis of patient assessments, current treatment modalities, and rationale for the same.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of all previous semesters DEN courses with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe the therapies for patients with periodontal disease.
2. Develop health maintenance protocol for treated periodontal patients.
3. Describe documentation of the management of periodontal disease.
4. Implement American Dental Association (ADA) insurance reporting for patients with periodontal disease.
5. Utilize case studies to simulate management of periodontal patients.
Course Offered Fall only