PHY 155 - General Physics II
A continuation of PHY 154. Topics to include electricity and magnetism, DC and AC circuits, optics, and topics from modern physics. Offered only during the summer session. Three class hours, three laboratory hours. (SUNY-NS)
Prerequisite: PHY 154 with a grade of C or higher.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Solve a 2-step electric forces and fields problem using trigonometry.
2. Solve a 1-step electric potential problem using calculus.
3. Solve a 3-step electric current and circuits problem for a new situation using algebra.
4. Solve a 2-step magnetic forces and fields problem using trigonometry.
5. Solve a 1-step electromagnetic induction problem using calculus.
6. Solve a 2-step alternating current problem using algebra.
7. Solve a 2-step electromagnetic waves problem using algebra.
8. Solve a 2-step reflection and refraction of light problem using algebra.
9. Solve a 3-step interference and diffraction problem using algebra.
10. Solve a 2-step modern physics problem using algebra.
11. Demonstrate competency with lab instruments.
12. Differentiate between good and bad data.
13. Write a conclusion for a laboratory experiment.
14. Design a rudimentary experiment.
Course Offered Summer only