MUS 259 - Aural Skills III
This course is a continuation of Aural Skills II. It reinforces Music Theory concepts and develops skills in sight singing as well as melodic and rhythmic dictation. One class hour.
Prerequisite: MUS 160 or permission of instructor; corequisite: MUS 209 or permission of instructor
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Transfer and apply harmonic progressions of Music Theory III into the development of Aural Skills.
2. Sight sing and transpose diatonic and chromatic melodies.
3. Accurately take music dictation of diatonic progressions.
4. Transcribe advanced melodies.
5. Transcribe bass line and soprano lines in a simple harmonic progression.
Course Offered Fall only