MUS 150 - History of Rock 'n Roll
A survey course that traces the roots of rock 'n roll from its origins in blues and rock 'a billy through to present day styles. In addition to the musical styles, the course will also look at the cultural, economic and social influences that shaped this American musical pheonmena. This course fulfills the MCC requirement for a social science elective. Three class hours.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Identify different Rock styles.
2. Create concert reviews of live concerts.
3. Compare cover recordings to originals.
4. Write papers on various topics related to Rock 'n Roll.
5. Research a favorite band for the final project.
Course Offered Fall and Spring